Social Computing and Media

Social Computing and Media is a stage 2 core module in University College Dublin taken by Information and Social Computing students. This blog is my personal E-portfolio where I will be recording my learning and group project activities.

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Week 7 - Mashups and I made a new app!

Source: ioexception.de

This week in Social Computing and Media, we discussed web mashups!





A mashup, in web development, is a web page, or web application, that uses content from more than one source to create a single new service displayed in a single graphical interface. For example, you could combine the addresses and photographs of your library branches with a Google map to create a map mashup.In our Friday f2f lab, we were given the task to create a web mashup using Google Maps. I made a mashup that displays heritage oak trees of Ireland. The map displays oak trees and sacred trees found in Ireland. Each tree has a location pin, and each pin is different. When a pin is selected, information about the chosen tree is displayed.

Here is my web mashup:




I have also been developing my own app in my spare time. The app is aimed at beginner mountain

Download!

bikers. The app is called Mountain Bike Shock Doctor.

The Shock Doctor has many features including:  
  • Sag Calculator: Calculate sag for forks, air and coil rear shocks. 
  • Trouble-shooter: Solve your bike's suspension problems on the trail.
  • My Notes Section: Take note of your favorite suspension set up for each trail that you ride!
  • Sag recommendations for all styles of riding.
  • Suspension tuning terminology guides.
  • Setup guides with detailed explanations.
  • Detailed diagrams and definitions & More!
The app has received way more downloads than I expected!


No comments:

Post a Comment