Social Computing and Media

Social Computing and Media is a stage 2 core module in University College Dublin taken by Information and Social Computing students. This blog is my personal E-portfolio where I will be recording my learning and group project activities.

Sunday, 1 March 2015

Week 6 - Video Communication Methods

Source: s3.amazonaws.com

This week in Social Computing and Media, we discussed various methods of video communication.

In our lab time we were given the task to create a screen cast video using Screencast-o-Matic. This site allows users to record the screen on their computer in other words, its a screen capture website.
Our task was to create a short video demonstrating a Google Image search and upload it to YouTube.
We were also to experiment using the edit feature in the YouTube video manager.
I added a backing track to my video and also transcribed the video and added subtitles for the hard of hearing.

Here is my screen cast video: 


I also used this opportunity to make another screen cast video explaining how the UCD Societies App works:



No comments:

Post a Comment